Claudia Ribas, M.A., Ph.D. Honorary; LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Emotionally intelligent Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 21+ years of providing accurate, reliable reports designed to meet the standards and criteria of the U.S. Department of Immigration. An expert relationship builder with an in-depth understanding of human behavior to quickly establish rapport and the client’s needs. Possess a non-judgmental attitude and an appreciation for cultural diversity and the value of individual differences. Uphold the highest principles and NASW ethical standards, adhering to privacy laws.
Social Welfare | Psychotherapy | Psychological Assessment | Stress Management | Family Therapy | Clinical Psychology | Life Coaching/ Counseling | Behavioral & Peer Support | Group Dynamics | Immigration Issues | Leadership & Collaboration | Strategic Direction & Execution | Written & Verbal Communication Skills | Interpersonal Skill | Listening Skills | Organization & Presentation Skills | Detail-oriented | Decision-making | Problem-solving | Approachable | Time Management | Bilingual: Portuguese, English
Psychological Report Writer for Immigrants & Psychotherapist
Provide psychotherapy and psychological reports for immigration to individuals, families, or couples, including the LGBT community, focusing on the clients’ experiences in immigration, exile, displacement, and emotional and social challenges.
- Conduct virtual, flexible assessment interviews through email and follow-up interviews through Video Telehealth.
- Keep thorough records of the client interviews, follow all safety protocols, and maintain the client’s privacy.
- Establish a trusting rapport with the clients, resonating with their struggles, frustration, and pain in specific issues.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the laws and regulations in the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Sensitive to issues of cultural selfhood and adjustment, leveraging professional and personal knowledge of multinational identity.
- Worked with different lawyers around the U.S. and in professional offices in Westchester and Manhattan, NYC.
- Participated as a guest in a podcast about immigrants and psychology.
- Interviewed for the Brazilian Times (Brazilian newspaper in NY), and Mundo Latino (Spanish newspaper in Charlotte, NC) Interview for the Seasoned with an Accent Podcast.
Early Career Experience
Research Assistant | Fairfield University
Supported the lead researcher by conducting accurate data collection for the research Bilingual Adults: Power and Practice.
Instructor/Adjunct Professor, Psychology | SUNY/Westchester Community College
Taught undergraduate students several sections of general psychology, theories of personality, and abnormal psychology.
Graduate Student Advisor & Facilitator for the Center of Multicultural Relations | Fairfield University
Mentored the graduate and undergraduate students full-time while providing cultural and academic advisement for the center.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Psychoanalysis, Honorary Degree | Southern California University for Professional Studies
Master of Arts (M.A.) in Clinical Social Work | New York University
Master of Science (M.S.) in Applied Psychology | Fairfield University
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in History | Manhattanville College
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), License # 075516
National Association of Social Work (NASW) | August 2002 – Present
Portuguese: Native | English: Fluent
Crossing Boundaries: A workshop on managing difference, North Central University | October 2004
Group Dynamics for Peer Support Group Facilitators, The LOFT | November 2002
Group Relation Conference
Authority, Leadership, and Organizational Life in a Rapidly Changing World, Washington Baltimore Center of the A.K. Rice Institute | August 2001
Authority and Management: Mentoring, Competition and Succession, New York Center of the A.K. Rice Institute | December 2000
Issues in Domestic Violence: Introduction and Theories | Human Trafficking | Spouse/Partner abuse | Mood disorders: Assessment and treatment | Borderline, Narcissistic, Antisocial and Histrionic Personality Disorders: Effective Treatments for Challenging Clients | Evidence-Based Psychodynamic Psychotherapy | CBT for Personality Disorders | DBT Skills | Women and Bipolar Spectrum Disorders | DSM-5: A comprehensive Overview | Motivational Interviewing | Benzodiazepine